Computer science at IST Austria encompasses a wide variety of research topics, based on a solid foundation of mathematical rigor and a focus on developing new algorithms and formalisms.
Foundations of software-systems theory, game theory, and formal methods (Chatterjee, Henzinger), distributed algorithms and systems (Alistarh), computer vision, discrete optimization, and machine learning (Kolmogorov, Lampert), computational geometry and topology (Edelsbrunner, Wagner), cryptography (Pietrzak), computer graphics and physics simulation (Wojtan), and computational fabrication and optimization (Bickel) are some of the research strengths of our faculty.
COMPLETE COMPUTER SCIENCE RESEARCH GROUP DETAILS ON IST AUSTRIA’S MAIN SITE:
- Distributed Algorithms and Systems
- Computer Graphics and Digital Fabrication
- Computer-aided Verification, Game Theory
- Algorithms, Computational Geometry and Topology
- Design and Analysis of Concurrent and Embedded Systems