Computer science at IST Austria encompasses a wide variety of research topics, based on a solid foundation of mathematical rigor and a focus on developing new algorithms and formalisms.
Foundations of software-systems theory, game theory, and formal methods (Chatterjee, Henzinger), distributed algorithms and systems (Alistarh), machine learning, discrete optimization, and computer vision (Kolmogorov, Lampert), computational geometry and topology (Edelsbrunner, Wagner), cryptography (Pietrzak), computer graphics and physics simulation (Wojtan), and computational fabrication and optimization (Bickel) are some of the research strengths of our faculty.
COMPLETE COMPUTER SCIENCE RESEARCH GROUP DETAILS ON IST AUSTRIA’S MAIN SITE:
- Distributed Algorithms and Systems
- Computer Graphics and Digital Fabrication
- Computer-aided Verification, Game Theory
- Algorithms, Computational Geometry and Computational Topology
- Design and Analysis of Concurrent and Embedded Systems
- Secure, Private, and Decentralized Systems (SPiDerS)
- Discrete Optimization
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Data Science, Machine Learning, and Information Theory
- Discrete and Computational Geometry and Topology
- Computer Graphics and Physics Simulation
Here is a video presenting the Computer science study track.
In case you cannot access YouTube, this video is also available here.